This position is located in Fairfax, VA (on site)
Are you driven to build problem-solving applications? Do you get energized by collaborating with -- and learning alongside -- super-talented team members? Are you passionate and pragmatic about the craft of writing code? And, do you like to have fun while you’re at it?
If so - and you have the track record to back it up - read on!
Join the close-knit team that conceptualizes and develops our awesome design-online eCommerce site. Hone your skills in an agile, test-driven environment and have a measurable impact on a well-established, profitable, and rapidly expanding business.
Custom Ink, the leader in custom apparel for groups and communities, is all about bringing people together. That's what inspires our innovative online platform, world-class customer support, and award-winning work environment. With 1,500 team members or “Inkers” and $350M in revenue, we are passionate about the success and well-being of our team and have earned frequent recognition as a top workplace from such organizations as Fortune Magazine. Our customers are counting on us to come through for them, and that’s important to all Inkers - no matter what role they’re in.
How you’ll make a difference:
You’ll be part of a technology team that delivers the core functionality for our leading design-online eCommerce Web site. Millions of Custom Ink customers interact with our eCommerce technology, and we're driven to make each of those interactions a WOW! experience.
What you’ll do:
Our engineering team works proactively to solve challenges associated with a growing, high-volume, consumer facing Web application. In this role, you’ll be a full stack engineer who will have ownership of critical functionality related to the Custom Ink platform, and work collaboratively on continuous innovation to ensure we deliver an optimal Web experience for our customers. This is an ideal position for someone who enjoys the rhythm of agile, test-driven development cycles and the rewards that come with delivering technology that has instant impact on a growing business.
Measures of success:
- You are a contributor to our culture. You help to evolve our software practices by participating in (or leading) design sessions, brown bag sessions, and team discussions.
- You consistently commit high quality software. You strive to commit well designed and maintainable code with low defect rates.
- You complete your assigned tasks in a timely manner. You identify gaps in your requirements and immediately raise the concerns along with proposed solutions.
- You will demonstrate ownership of our software and applications by resolving defects (your own or your team’s), keep gems/modules/frameworks up to date, and support the team in emergency situations (attacks or outages).
What we’re looking for:
- Background in Computer Science
- Seeking candidates with 3-6 years work experience in designing, developing, and maintaining public-facing Web applications.
- Deep commitment to test driven development, and examples of how you've incorporated it into recent projects
- Demonstrated and documented interest in dynamic Web languages, evolving frameworks, and other progressive technologies that could be applied to improving the Custom Ink Web experience
In addition, you must share our company values—practicing the Golden Rule, taking Ownership and driving and embracing Innovation.