Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer
This is a rare opportunity to help shape the future of personal health on mobile and web.
iTriage LLC is a technology start-up founded in late 2008 by two emergency medicine physicians. The company is a global developer of mobile and web healthcare software that empowers consumers to make better healthcare decisions, as well as improve healthcare delivery for providers and payers. iTriage is located in Denver, Colorado, and has a small but growing entrepreneurial team.
iTriage is one of the top consumer healthcare apps, and includes iPhone and Android apps, Mobile Web and Desktop Web at www.iTriageHealth.com). iTriage offers users an easy, fast, and trusted symptom to provider ™ pathway search and decision engine. It answers the two basic questions asked by most healthcare consumers…“What might be wrong with me?” and “Where should I go for treatment?”
iTriage is a widely used consumer app across iPhone, Android and the web, and has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars in both the iTunes App Store and the Android Market. All of this equates to high quality expectations and a Rails app that is built to scale.
The Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer will be responsible for adding high quality, scalable functionality to our fast-growing web platform. In addition to traffic on www.itriagehealth.com, the web platform receives a large amount of traffic from the iTriage mobile apps on iPhone and Android.
This position reports directly to the VP Engineering, and works within a small, fast-moving technology team.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Ruby on Rails specific experience
● 3 - 5 years experience developing applications using Ruby on Rails.
● 6 - 8 years total software engineering experience
● BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
● BDD & TDD – proficient with test frameworks such as RSpec
● SQL (experience with MySQL, Postgres or equivalent)
● Experience with Mongo, Couch or other non-relational databases
● Git: Please send us your GitHub account if you have a project that you would like us to review.
● Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals
● AJAX, RESTful web services, JSON
● Object-oriented programming and design including Model-View-Controller architecture
● Use of Agile project tools such as Rally or Pivotal Tracker
● You want to be part of a growing and entrepreneurial technology start-up with proven users and business model
● You have a “do whatever it takes” attitude
● You want to learn more, build your experience, and contribute within a fast-paced agile environment
● You have a focus on users and customers, and a desire to win in the marketplace
● You excel at working with other employees and within teams
● Deliver a best-in-class analytics dashboard for internal users and external customers
● Help define requirements for projects
● Translate feature requirements into sound, creative software designs
● Creatively solve problems
● Work collaboratively with others
● Produce solid, thoroughly tested features (including automated tests)
● Plan and execute software releases