What We Want:
Ostensibly, the job title is Ruby Developer, but really your job involves bringing to life the software that is used by our consumers, customers and internal users. You will be responsible, in concert with our product and operations teams, for feature definition, project planning and estimation, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance. Often, we work with Ruby and Rails, but there are many other tools in our toolbox, including PostgreSQL, Solr, Chef, Redis, AWS, PhoneGap, and more. Our developers are given the freedom to find the best solution, but must take on the responsibility for a successful implementation. We are looking for an individual who has a proven ability to ship great software regardless of the technology.
- Eligible for work in the US
- At least 2-5 years of relevant web development experience
- Experience with scripting languages such as PHP, Python, or Ruby, (Hardcore would be a +!) as well as the ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies (we are willing to take someone without Ruby experience assuming you have lots of web development experience and are willing to learn)
- Experience owning, delivering and maintaining production code or services
- Exposure developing on Linux/Unix. You don't need to be an admin, but you need to be comfortable with a terminal shell
- Self motivated with a strong work ethic
Nice to Haves:
- Devops: Linux Administration / Nginx / Amazon Web Services / Chef
- Data: PostgreSQL / Redis / Solr
- Mobile: Phone Gap / iOS development
Compensation: Highly competitive salary dependent upon experience; bonuses based on individual and company performance; fully paid health/dental benefits, fully paid gym memberships; all the caffeinated beverages you desire
Who We Are:
At eLocal our mission is to help consumers connect with local businesses. We started eLocal in late 2006, first focusing on being best in class in a select group of niche online directories and recently expanding eLocal.com to all the major consumer oriented business categories.
We offer an intellectual, casual, and fun work environment with a great opportunity for growth and long-term potential. You will be working on our development team and working closely with our CTO, our founders, and other key team members improving both our consumer facing and internal tools.
Our office is outfitted with a game room and we offer every employee a fully paid gym membership right next to our Conshohocken office for working out before or after work. We are located right across from the R6 Spring Mill SEPTA station and are accessible from the city or the Philadelphia suburbs.
We understand that on any given day people need flexibility to get personal things done and we offer such flexibility. We are also able to accommodate people whose schedules need to vary somewhat based on their individual circumstances. We are focused on doing what it takes to produce the best results, not on punching a clock.
How To Apply:
Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject Ruby Developer. Please include:
- Your resume
- A link to a repository (Github/Bitbucket/etc.) with an example of your work. This could be work from a personal project, contributions to an open source project, or just a simple example to highlight. Rails projects preferred, but we would rather see something you are proud of regardless of technology/language.