Senior Ruby/Rails Developer
Motiveflow is a unique Fort Worth technology startup anchored by a strong operating company is assembling a core, high-level RoR development team. Team will be responsible for rapidly developing a highly innovative and disruptive web technology platform that will lead the automotive dealership industry into serving the new consumer paradigm. Company has completed phase 1 development using outsourced development - now recruiting in-house team to assume development. The company is well capitalized with highly successful, experience entrepreneurial leadership. Strong-market pay, benefits and equity opportunities available for ground-floor team.
Our application environment is Ruby on Rails using a Postgres database. Our infrastructure is hosted in house and on Amazon via cloud services. We are looking for a programming superstar to join our team of gifted hardware and software virtuosos. You have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of helping transform an industry with web-based software while making a profound impact on the automotive industry.
As a developer on our small core team you'll have a huge impact on all of our current and future projects. Your engagement will span the entire product life cycle, including: product design, implementation, deployment, refinement and ongoing performance and scalability tuning.
On-site developer preferred, but remote will be considered provided candidate is willing and able to travel 6-10 days per month to Fort Worth office.
What We're Looking For:
The right person for the job will have a strong commitment to engineering excellence and a drive for continuous process improvement. We’re looking for somebody who thinks outside of the box and offers creative solutions for our interesting and challenging problems.
- Architect, design and implement the next generation of our application.
- Help lead a team of developers and ensure best practices in all areas of the engineering process such as: rigorous source code control, code reviews, automated builds, automated testing, etc.
- Apply your development and engineering skills to a variety of different technologies.
- Collaborate with an extraordinarily small and talented team of other engineers and designers.
- Continuously improve the performance and scalability of the product to support the growth of our high-traffic platform.
- Help identify new software features that can drive additional revenue growth
- Coordinate with contract software developers to maximize development efficiencies.
- 4 yrs professional experience building complex web software
- 2+ years with Ruby on Rails 2.x - 3.x
- Good knowledge of SQL – Postgres 9.x
- Thorough understanding of core object-oriented principles and the MVC pattern
- Ability to review scope and estimate work
- Ability to develop across entire application: database, business logic, and front-end
- Proficient using 3rd party API’s and a strong knowledge of implementation.
- Motivated, driven and possessing a desire to achieve success.
- Flexible, with the willingness and ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, team oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.