WHO WE ARE…
Geostellar, an award-winning technology company, provides a vibrant online ecosystem where the solar curious connect with energy and technology leaders to create greener and more luxurious communities. We are well funded, have a great customer base and a strong proprietary “big-data geomatic” technology that analyzes the value of sunlight for solar energy on properties across the county, based on physical, economic and environmental factors.
We are currently collaborating with Pivotal Labs, honing our skills, and refining our iterative processes. Now we are ready to grow our in-house development team.
- A brand-new, open & high-ceilinged, collaborative office with tons of natural light.
- A cool office powered 100% by on-site solar electricity.
- An Agile environment where you pair program and are surrounded by people passionate about test-driven development.
- The excitement of constant results with continuous deployment and short iterations.
- A great work/life balance with a consistent schedule- so you can continue to go out there and make a difference in the world after work!
- The ability to travel and work outside of the office.
- Medical, Dental, 401(k), paid vacation, Wage Works, Incentive Stock Option Plan.
We are looking for three experienced web developers who want to share their knowledge, save the world and learn new skills in a fun, intense and challenging environment.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING…
- Participate in daily standup, weekly iteration planning, and other as-needed face-to-face, audio- and/or video-teleconferencing sessions.
- Team with other engineers and product managers to describe, test, and build web-based and mobile applications.
- Analyze and implement product requirements and Users Stories.
- Write unit tests, integration tests, and acceptance tests.
- Evolve databases and manage schema migrations in coordination with new features.
- Work fixed hours, 7am - 4pm (PT), with occasional exceptions.
- Travel occasionally, roughly one week per quarter.
- An Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree with 2-3 years experience in general programming and web application development, or…
- Equivalent experience of 5-7 years in general programming and web application development.
- An ability to solve complex problems, communicate clearly, and share a sense of urgency.
- A capacity to thrive in a small, flexible and dynamic environment of change with a high degree of risk, contributing to a high performance, low-stress corporate culture.
- The willingness to “pair program.”
- Software development chops in an object-oriented web environment.
- Understanding of the HTTP request cycle.
- Comfort with Linux, OSX, similar.
- Ruby on Rails skills, or ability to pick it up rapidly
- git (or other source code management tools) knowledge
YOU’RE SUPER IF YOU KNOW…
- Agile (Scrum, XP) processes
- Test-Driven Development, RSpec, Jasmine
- Facebook, OAUTH, etc. integration
- REST, JSON, Ajax
- PostGIS, Google Maps integration or similar geospatial systems
- git-flow, github-flow, Continuous Integration/Deployment, dev-ops
- iOS or Android development experience