Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Are you a Rails developer who stays on top of the latest technology? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment? Do you like to see and hear how the features you develop are actually used by customers? Would you like to help large data centers reduce their power consumption? Do you like Ping-Pong? If so, we would like to talk to you.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will play an active role in the development of innovative web based Energy and Data Center Management products that help our customers understand and manage energy consumption and environmental conditions in their facilities.
This position is based out of our newly renovated office overlooking Lake Johnson Park. We have Herman Miller furniture, plenty of windows, coffee, and convenient access to I-40, US-1, and 440.
Day to day, we use Rails 3.2/3.1, RSpec, PostgreSQL 9.1, and GitHub. You have your choice of operating systems and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Model infrastructure, power distribution, and cooling for data centers and other facilities
- Develop charts and analytics that give users insight into the energy consumption, savings, and environmental conditions at their facilities.
- Work on overall architectural problems, particularly as they relate to data transfer, scalability and performance
- Develop and maintain REST interfaces for our products
- Provide real value for our customers
- Provide unit-test coverage for delivered code
- Looking for someone who is eager to learn and keeps up-to-date with new technology
- Commercial experience with Ruby on Rails or strong experience in another modern MVC web framework with a proven desire to learn Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of CSS and applying style sheets to create sophisticated layouts
- 4+ years of experience in creating web applications
- Solid understanding of User Interface design overall usability issues.
- Linux power user
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Creative, industrious, self-managed
- Excels when working as part of a small, agile, product-focused team
A candidate with a mix of the following experiences will be at an advantage:
- Previous experience with Energy Management products or Network Management Systems
- Experience in the day to day operations of a data center environment, particularly as it relates to planning and infrastructure management
- Experience with Big Data and scalability
- Passion for throwing out ideas to see what sticks
- Graphic design