Ruby on Rails Developer
You're a brilliant, hardworking Agile / Rails developer.
You could work for a startup with yet another recycled social product idea, no business model, naive executive teams and ten minutes of funding.
Or you could become part of the band at Showmobile, a real company with a solid vision led by an industry rock star, and play a key role in developing the most advanced social entertainment platform on the planet.
- Work in our cool new downtown Denver offices building our second generation multi-platform content management system and deeply interactive user apps.
- Know that what you're building will change the way consumers interact with entertainment, everywhere.
- Thrive in a corporate culture that encourages thinking about virtual economies, mobile video, interactivity, social, location-based services, e-commerce and music.
- Help to empower content creators, artists, brands, celebrities and media & entertainment companies with interactive superpowers.
Our core code is currently being developed by Pivotal Labs (Twitter, Groupon). You will assume the responsibility of bringing the platform to Gold Master status, iterating the development of exciting new features, and expanding the platform's many user portals.
A full-time role is preferred, but we may also consider short-term consultancy. No agency inquiries please.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience with the Ruby language and the Rails framework, must have a proficiency with the entire Ruby on Rails stack
- 4+ years of Java, PHP, or equivalent platform experience, including related DB experience such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with testing frameworks from spec and Test::Unit to Selenium and Jasmine
- Highly motivated, self-starter, entrepreneurial; excited to be involved in high-level decision making and really put your mark on our product
- Comfortable presenting both formally and informally with effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Showmobile is a technology company building cutting edge social entertainment applications for Media and Entertainment companies and their fans. The company is led by a team of seasoned technology, music, and entertainment executives based in Denver and Miami. We're excited to offer all of our employees a small, innovative, and entrepreneurial work environment with a competitive benefits package.