I’m representing a social location mobile gaming company in the Bay Area. They are the first (and only) to build a location mobile game platform and were one of the first to make location based games successful. They are funded by Rick Thompson who was the Co-Founder of Playdom which got bought by Disney. He also funded Funzio which was bought by Gree, and he was the Co-Founder of Wild Needle which was bought by Zynga. Rick Thompson is also on their advisory board.
With their platform and first game on that platform being pushed out in the next few months, they are searching for a strong Internal Tools Engineer – this will be someone with strong Ruby experience. You will be working on internal tools for various departments of the company including BI, Platform, and Geo. Right now the CTO is the only person working on their geo-location technology, so you would be working alongside him on this. This is a unique opportunity to create something never accomplished before and to participate in technological evangelism!
No one except their team will be able to say that they were the first to build a location based gaming platform, making it available to 3rd parties. This is a great opportunity if you're looking to stand out from the crowd.
- Develop internal tools to be used by various teams within the company
- Scale their existing web and geo services
- Provide technical assistance to multiple teams developing various products
- Maintain and refactor existing code base to improve functionality, performance, and modularity
- Write scalable and maintainable code quickly in a professional software engineering environment
- 3-5+ years web development experience
- 3+ years developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience designing and developing Saas systems and rich service APIs
- Experience with Agile development and Cucumber/RSpec TDD/BDD
- Strong knowledge of data stores such as MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience developing with Amazon Web Services such as EC2 and S3
- Strong familiarity with git for source control preferred
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience developing with Node.js
- Experience developing with Java and Clojure
- Experience developing native mobile applications (iOS and/or Android)
- Experience developing with Big Data systems such as Apache Hadoop/Hive/HBase
- Catered lunches 4 days a week, stocked fridge
- They play every major video game console; they’ve even got a NeoGeo!
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Walking distance from Caltrain and Castro Street