Ruby on Rails Developer
TandemMoney is a financial services start-up based in Sioux Falls, SD that is focused on building the next generation of small-dollar loan, and savings, and transaction products for financially underserved consumers. The company offers the TandemMoney Prepaid Card and the TandemMoney Savings Account and Line of Credit to underbanked consumers acquired online at TandemMoney.com. The affordability, transparency, and simplicity of the TandemMoney Product Suite reflects the company’s commitment to eliminating the financial barriers that reinforce credit dependency and inhibit savings accumulation.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our team to assist with the ongoing development of our core product, online presence, and software infrastructure. Our projects involve diverse uses of Ruby on Rails, making TandemMoney a great place to grow your skills as a developer.
We prefer candidates willing to work from our Sioux Falls, South Dakota office, but we would entertain a remote position provided that you have excellent communication skills and you are responsive to inquiries, requests and appointments. You should also be comfortable working with popular telecommunication tools, be a self-starter, and available for regular and ad-hoc meetings and conference calls.
- Assist with design and development of applications to meet requirements
- Provide day-to-day issue support for custom-developed software platform and product
- Start-up mentality and willing to handle diverse tasks
Contribute in technical as well as non-technical decision-making
- Work closely with Lead Developer and Business team to identify and present solutions
- 4+ years experience building web applications
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails (We currently use Ruby 1.9.x, Rails 3.x)
- MySQL database
- Experience using version control (Git / GitHub preferred)
- Understanding of Ruby test frameworks (RSpec, Test::Unit, Cucumber, Capybara, etc)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Proven ability to work remotely, yet work well in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of hosting, cloud computing and UNIX systems.
- Experience working with APIs and FTP data imports and exports.
- Located in the Central US Time Zone
- Linux and MySQL server experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume with a cover letter to TMcareers@tandemmoney.com introducing yourself and any of your work that you may be free to share. We look forward to hearing from you soon!