As a Software Engineer at Machinima, you’ll be building a top-notch content management and delivery platform for worldwide distribution of Machinima’s cutting edge content.
Experience and Skills:
- Have 3+ years of experience building dynamic web applications using frameworks like Padrino, Rails or some other comparable framework. (If you’re not currently using Ruby or Padrino, but are familiar with something comparable, give us a call. Smart people are smart people, regardless of the language.)
- Be comfortable working with databases, schema design and have a practical understanding of SQL. We’re not looking for experts, but you should recognize obviously bad schema design when you see it.
- Understand how the web ‘works’. Basic things like standard browser features, browser privacy policies, client/server interaction and client-side scripting should be very familiar to you.
- Be a strong communicator. We are a small team with big team challenges. Working in a transparent and coordinated way is critical to our success.
- Have a passion for and be up-to-date on the greatest web technologies and techniques (HTML5, NoSQL, etc.). Contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- Be a team player. A positive, open-minded attitude is a must.
If working on projects with massive scale in a fast-paced startup environment interests you, please email your resume to