Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer :)
Greetings fellow Ruby Enthusiasts!
Here are some facts: You are a talented Ruby on Rails Developer, and you have your choice of where you want to work. We have a hot product, significant (and growing) revenues and *wait for it* PROFITS. Among the diverse and numerous opportunities you have before you, ours is somewhat unique.
What you'll need: You need to have a strong & diverse technical background, a desire to hit the ground running, a passion for hacking, and a positive attitude. You might be a good fit for our team if you're a passionate self-starter, and you love solving challenging problems with your mental super-powers.
What we do: <sales> Turbo-charged Multi-Channel eCommerce. Our tools help retailers across the country sell smarter; in their stores, and simultaneously online. Our RoR platform powers our client's direct retail websites, their in-store Point of Sale (an HTML5 modular service), all-the-while syndicating their real-time inventory into every major sales marketplace (eBay, Amazon, specialized marketplaces, et al). Awww yeah. All incoming orders are instantly routed back into the client's Admin for high-speed processing/fulfillment. We create significant competitive advantages for our clients, the bigger the better. We're focusing on a few niche market rights now (Retailers selling new and used collectibles). We are building out our platform, and we're very excited about our future. </sales>
If you enjoy using brains and tools to solve hard problems, then join us. If you love challenges, join us. If you want to finally work for a company you can be passionate about, join us!
Seriously, why work here:
- You want to lead a talented dev team, or you want to contribute in a meaningful, multi-faceted way.
- You realize that the larger the dev team, the more you're likely to work on the same small/non-critical/non-interesting area of the code base FOREVER ... and you'd prefer to have some interesting variety in your day-to-day dev work.
- You want to be treated well, and compensated well
- You're looking for an exciting change of pace, with fun colleagues, solving important real-world problems facing retailers world-wide.
- You're looking for a company with significant long-term growth potential.
- You aren't looking to work at another crappy "built-to-flip"Get-Rich-Quick-Scheme of a startup that just wants to work you to death. Bleh. Yuck. NO WAY.
- Innumerable Benefits, Equity, Potential Relocation Cost Reimbursement.
We hope you'll consider applying to join our talented development team!
Statement from our Engineers:
As engineers at CrystalCommerce, we solve diverse and challenging problems. Our rapid growth encourages us to experiment with new techniques and technologies. If you'd like to work in a fun engineering environment where every new project is a big opportunity, you've come to the right place. On a day to day basis you'll be pair programming on our platform. Our entire team is hard-working, but we take time for fun. We are building the company we all wanted to work for.
- Contribute to product design and implementation decisions.
- Implement projects from the idea phase to production.
- Test and iterate code before and after production release.
The technical expertise and general experience we're looking for:
- 2+ years Ruby development experience.
- BS/BA/MS+ in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent problem solving, creative thinking and self-motivation skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Add knowledge and energy to already knowledgeable and energetic core team.
- Subscribe to the Terry Tate: 'You kill the Joe, you make some Mo'!" workplace philosophy.
Bonus points for:
- Being a thoughtful person in general.
- Not being an egomaniac.
- Working in a team.
- Pair Programming.
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- Test Driven Development.
- Building fault-tolerant, high-throughput, 24/7 highly available applications.
- REST API creation and consumption at scale.
- Asynchronous applications.
- Working with and improving legacy codebases.
- Experience with upgrading from Rails 2.x to 3.x.
AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SHOW US SOME GREAT CODE.
P.S. There are a LOT of perks to working here. Two we'll mention are a fully stocked kitchen/pantry along with just about every gadget Costco sells, so say goodbye to paying for lunch. Also, we have a fully stocked open company bar ... no one has been cut off yet, so you know you want to say "Challenge Accepted!" :-P
P.P.S We bootstrapped this B, so this isn't investor money we're burning here ... did I mention we were profitable?!? We're looking to grow our dev team, keep kicking butt, keep delighting clients, and buy that company boat we've had our eyes on.