Ruby Software Developer
Geoforce provides GPS tracking and remote measurement of high value equipment, remote workers, and vehicles in a variety of energy, research, transportation and service industries. Our satellite tags operate in the harshest environments around the globe and our software simplifies the task of managing our client's assets. We exploit cutting edge wireless communication and machine to machine integration delivered through a customizable web based software platform utilizing the latest web frameworks and scalable data architectures.
Geoforce believes in quality over quantity in every position and every individual is expected to have an impact on the company. The product development team follows an agile/scrum process that keeps us aligned with company and customer needs and gives us the freedom to be creative and results driven. We have daunting technical objectives at Geoforce that require a mix of industry best practices and totally new ideas. If that sort of challenge appeals to you, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Work in a team environment to write and maintain web application code
- Extend application to meet new functionality requirements as needed by customers and evolving business strategies
- Modify existing application to continually scale to greater transactional volumes
- Provide infrequent, "Tier III" support for customer issues
- Working knowledge of 3-tier web application frameworks in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Working knowledge of SQL and RDBMS systems
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
- Experience with Ruby technologies outside the scope of Rails: we use Resque, Redis, EventMachine, Rack, Chef
- Experience with big data, write-heavy systems