We’re looking for an experienced, rails-savvy developer to help us design, estimate, implement and test out new features on our newest game, SuperBetter. As one of the first developers in the company, you’d have huge influence over the technical direction of our product and an opportunity to leave your mark on a tool that’s already changing lives. If you’re looking for a sane schedule working on a meaningful project – we’re looking for you.
What’s SuperBetter? SuperBetter helps you achieve your health goals — or recover from an illness or injury — by increasing your personal resilience. Resilience means staying curious, optimistic and motivated even in the face of the toughest challenges. You can learn more about SuperBetter at www.superbetter.com. SuperBetter is being created by SuperBetter Labs: www.superbetterlabs.com.
- Investigate, prioritize, implement, test and deploy changes, bug fixes, and enhancements to SuperBetter
- Estimate development costs for new features, identifying impact, designing solutions
- Troubleshoot unanticipated technical issues
- Work closely with the core SuperBetter team, including creative, development, analytics, and business functions
- Extensive programming experience in Ruby on Rails, MySQL, mongoDB
- Experience writing unit tests using rspec
- Experience with Mixpanel and resque
- Experience with Engine Yard
- Experience with Jenkins CI
- Experience with Active Admin and formtastic
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
Your Personal Style
- Fearlessly optimistic. Incredibly playful. A curious, creative student. Passionate about making a difference in people's lives and changing the world.
- A strong team player, highly collaborative and flexible working style
- Someone who thrives in start-up environment. We're a roll up your sleeves kind of place. You'll need to play a variety of roles and be passionate about building a solid foundation for an incredible new company.
- Incredibly honest, good-natured and a calm, even-keeled communicator (this is a no drama workplace)
- Someone with a very strong work ethic and ability to get things done (and we mean REALLY get things done)
- Desire to seize opportunity for almost limitless growth
NUTS & BOLTS
- Starts immediately
- Full Time
- Salary commensurate with experience
- The candidate must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area and able to work on-site in our office, located in downtown San Francisco, walking distance to BART, Muni and Caltrain.
- Send a COVER LETTER and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your cover letter, please tell us about relevant professional experience and why you're interested in joining the SuperBetter team.
MORE INFORMATION on SUPERBETTER